Little Millet Curd Rice
- Little millet – 1/2 cup
- curd – 3/4 cup
- milk – 1/4 cup
- carrot – 3 tbsp
- grated coriander leaves – 2 tsp
- salt – to taste; To temper
- Oil – 1 tsp
- mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- split urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- curry leaves – few
- green chilli – 1 finely chopped
- ginger – 1/4 inch piece
• Boil water, add the millet and cook till millet becomes soft.
• Then take the millet in a mixing bowl and mash it and add curd, then milk and mix it up well.
• Heat oil in a tadka pan and add the seasoning ‘to temper’ let it splutter.
• Transfer the tempering to the rice along with grated carrot, coriander leaves and required salt. Mix well.
• Serve chilled and garnish with carrots and coriander leaves.
Kodo Millet Methi Rice
- Little millet – 1 cup
- carrot – 1 cup
- tomato – 2
- green chilli-1
- curry leaves- 1 spring
- ginger-1tsp [finely chopped]
- mustard seeds-1 tsp
- bengal gram-1 tsp
- urad dal-1 tsp
- urmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- red chilli powder – ¼ tsp
- coriander leaves-2 tsp [chopped]
- water-1 ¾ to 2 cups
- salt to taste and oil – 2 tsp
• Wash and little millet for 15 min.
• Heat oil in a pressure cooker add mustard seeds and let its splutter.
• Then add bengal gram, urad dal saute gently then add onion, ginger, green chilli, green peas, carrot and curry leaves saute.
• Add tomato, turmeric and red chilli powder mix well till soft.
• Add water and salt and mix well and let it boil.
• Then add little millet mix well then cover it and cook for 3 whistle.
• Then add coriander leaves mix well and serve hot with coconut chutney or pickle.